Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Pit Bull at my Groin

I started the day with a pit bull at my groin. Then again, I start almost every day with a pit bull at my groin.


Ever since we adopted our dog Drake from the local humane society, we've had a morning routine. I get up, brush my teeth, wash my face, and go in to get Drake out of the crate where he sleeps. He gets out at various speeds (more on that later), and then comes to snuggle.


There's a folded comforter in my office in case he wants to curl up there throughout the day. I sit down in the position on the comforter with my legs spread as wide as I can. Drake presses his body up against mine, tongue licking and tail thumping. After he's greeted me, he curls up between my legs for a morning snuggle.

He presses as much of his body as he can against as much of mine as he can. After a while, he shifts into stretching and grooming. That's when I know I can lure him outside to pee. Before that, well, it technically be possible to take Drake outside, but I'd have to use force. Even with a full bladder and belly, it's more important for him to reconnect than to relieve himself. Or maybe there is more than one kind of relief.

Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment