Monday, January 4, 2010

Goliath, Goliath


Goliath, Goliath, we'll love ya, Goliath…
(sung to the tune of "Tomorrow!")
What a good puppy.

I mentioned Goliath the other day, and the fun I had walking him. It's a good thing he is fun, because he's a big strong boy, and I tend to get volunteered to walk those dogs. I don't mind them, and none of them have ever been as stressful as walking Kendra. In fact, I measure all dogs by percentages of Kendra.

How strong is Goliath? He's 2/3s of a Kendra, or the strongest dog I've walked at the human society. And…he's a big puppy.

He brings you his toys to share when you visit him in his cage, and actually listens when he's being walked. At one point we were playing tug of war with a stick and he accidentally clamped down on my coat sleeve. I said, "No, let go…" and paused the tug. And he did. That was within 15 minutes of my meeting him. Imagine what he'd do after he was at home with me.

There are all kinds of reasons we shouldn't adopt Goliath, but there's something really joyous about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment